The following is a list of tips, in no particular order, that are critical to achieving a successful journey on the road to health and fitness.
1. Eat small, frequent meals or snacks.
2. Include healthy fats from nuts, fish and oil (extra virgin olive, avocado, sesame).
3. Choose natural foods, whole grains and complex carbohydrates.
4. Eat plenty of vegetables.
5. Drink 8-10 glass of water per day.
6. Eliminate “white” carbohydrates and processed foods.
7. Control portion sizes.
8. Consume at least .75g of protein per pound of body weight.
9. Avoid soda and alcoholic beverages that are high in calories.
10. Take a multivitamin supplement and extra vitamin D if you don't get enough sun.
1. Use full body workouts and choose compound exercises.
2. Hydrate before, during and after exercise.
3. Increase the weight, intensity, time or speed of each workout.
4. Do not train to failure.
5. Drink a whey protein shake with simple carbs immediately following the workout.
6. Keep a workout journal and create fitness goals.
7. Incorporate aerobic and anaerobic cardio.
8. Switch the workout routine every few weeks.
9. Use proper form and technique.
10. Seek adequate rest to avoid overtraining.